Erasmus+ "European Profile for peer support workers"
Strategic Partnerships in vocational Training “European Profile for peer support workers”
Aim of the project
The aim of the project is therefore to create Europe-wide working standards for peer support workers, for example a job description, entry requirements, competence profiles as well as placement in companies and therapy teams. These standards will form the basis for qualification modules in education and training for Peer Supporters in psycho-social work.
Target groups of the project
To the direct target group belong already active or prospective peer support workers.
Indirect target groups are:
- clients of psychiatry on the mend of recovery
- institutions of psychiatric and psycho-social work
- social welfare institutions
- heads and teams of psycho-social institutions
- associations from the field of psychiatry or psycho-social work
- insurance carriers and policymakers
- training institutes and schools
The innovative character …
… of this project results from the topic and the target group. The development of Europe-wide working standards for peer support workers, their competency profile as well as the description of their place in the organisation and teams should create transparency for the direct target group. The developed products support to a high degree of inclusion in the participating countries.
- Description of the tasks of peer support workers in companies and teams.
- Evaluation of the different experiences and development statuses in the work of peer support workers in the participating countries in order to develop a joint qualification profile in terms of a competence matrix.
- Standardisation and recognition of the comparable competences of peer support workers from the participating countries.
- Development of a guideline for companies and therapeutic teams regarding the placement of peer support workers.
- The improvement of employment opportunities for existing or prospective peer support workers throughout Europe including the creation of a qualification module for managers of
- psychiatric and psycho-social work institutions regarding these employment opportunities.
- IO1 – European standards for the work of peer support workers
- IO2 – Glossary
- IO3 – Differentiated competence profiles for peer support workers
- IO4 – European qualification curriculum for peer support specialists
- IO5 – Recommendations for the position of peer supporters in companies and teams
- IO6 – Seminar concept for heads of psychiatric institutions and teams concerning the activities of peer support workers
(entry requirements, key competences, position in the company)
- IO7 – Guidelines for the European implementation of the advanced training concept for peer support specialists
- IO8 – Guidelines for the national implementation of the advanced training concept for peer support specialists
- Uniwersytet Medyczny we Wroclawiu (Medizinische Universität Breslau), Poland
- ASKLEPIOS European Network of Healthcare Organisations
- LebensART Münster, Germany